Mr. Robert E. Mansfield Jr., is a Regional Representative in Solomon Bruce Consulting’s Atlanta, GA Office. His practice provides executive level advice and counsel on strategic planning, leadership, supply chain management, operational logistics and business transformation matters.
Most recently, he served as Director, National Programs, for the Aerospace States Association (ASA). In this capacity, he managed ASA’s nation-wide programs and initiatives to establish and promote the aerospace objectives of the US states and territories. He organized the first ever aerospace specific Foreign Direct Investment Exposition in association with the US Department of Commerce, facilitated the association’s Industry 4.0 activities, established the ASA national distinguished service award, and developed strategies to grow ASA membership.
He was the chief architect of the Air Force’s supply transformation initiative to improve weapons systems’ availability, thorough the innovative application of commercial practices. He led the Department of Defense’s global surplus and excess property operations; reshaping the global organization incorporating best commercial business practices, leveraging information technology, and focusing on customer determined outcomes.
Executive leadership roles in which Mr. Mansfield served include the following:
- Director, National Center for Aerospace Leadership (NCAL) and Principal Investigator, National Aerospace Leadership Initiative (NALI) for the Connecticut Center at the Advanced Technology ( CCAT), East Hartford, CT.
- Director of Global Supply Chain Services, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Division, Fort Worth, TX.
- Practice Area Leader, Supply Chain Management, Altaerum Institute, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Executive Director, Center for Aviation and Aerospace Leadership, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL.
In community non profit executive leadership roles, Mr. Mansfield served in the following positions:
- Supply Chain Council’s Aerospace and Defense Special Industry Group (SIG)
- Member of the Clarkson University Business School’s Board of Advisors
- Emory Riddle Aeronautics University Worldwide Industry Advisory Board.
- He was a member of the Defense Science Board 2006 Summer Study on 21st Century Strategic Technology Vectors.
- He co-Chaired the Michigan Governor’s BRAC Task Force in 2005.
- Connecticut Lt. Governor’s delegate to the Aerospace States Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the National Council for Advanced Manufacturing (NACFAM).
- Member of the Board of Advisors for SecureRF, Westport, CT,
- Principal Advisor, ASD Global, Walnut Creek, CA.
- Principal Advisor, SEAM Aerospace, Norman, OK.
The President nominated. and the Senate confirmed him as a Brigadier General in the United States Air Force. He served in a wide variety of key command and staff positions in the Department of Defense and Department of the Air Force. He has led and managed industrial production and manufacturing, acquisition, and academic organizations that were required to adapt to changing global economies and environments.
Mr. Mansfield has received numerous awards for his leadership and public service in insuring ethics/integrity, attitudes of excellence and strong organizational achievement were implemented in global organizational climates.
He holds earned degrees from Arizona State University, cum laude (B.S.), Air Force Institute of Technology, (M.S.), Air War College (Diploma), Defense Systems Management College (Diploma).
He holds Defense Acquisition Worker Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in Acquisition Logistics Management (level III) and Program Management (level II), and is a fully qualified Joint Service Officer (JSO).
Mr. Mansfield can be contacted in our Atlanta GA office at 734-274-1948.
“Organizational Structures Using Economics as a Vehicle for Change,” with Dr. Saul Z. Barr,; International Advances in Economic Research, Volume 4, Number 3, International Atlantic Economic Society, 1998.
“Preserving a Crown Jewel: Strengthening the U.S. Aerospace Supply Base,” with Dr. Robert Materna, SOLE 2010 Proceedings, SOLE-The International Society of Logistics, 2010
Contributor to Aerospace Economic Report and Outlook 2010: Manufacturing Indicators for the Aviation & Aerospace Industry, Center for Aviation and Aerospace Leadership, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide, 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114, 2010.
Provided articles to professional publications as, The Air Force Journal of Logistics, The Exceptional Release (publication of the Logistics Officers’ Association) and The Logistics Spectrum (the journal of the Society of Logistics Engineers)
Editor and contributing author to the Aerospace Industry Report (AIR) editions 2 (2011), 3 (2013) and 4 (2015), a definitive report on the state of the aerospace industry’s business environment and forecast.